Unattended Cooking Leads to Kitchen Fire

CITY OF FOND DU LAC FIRE/RESCUE MEDIA RELEASE  Contact:  
Troy Haase Division Chief of Fire Prevention                  
(920) 322-3807                  
(920) 539-8994                  
thaase@fdl.wi.gov May 28, 2014 Immediate Release Fond du Lac,
WI
- On Wednesday, May 28, 2014, at 4:12 PM the Fond du Lac Fire Department was dispatched to a report of a kitchen fire in a home at 74 East Merrill Avenue. Upon arrival firefighters encountered heavy smoke and fire in the rear of the structure. The fire was extinguished and was contained to the kitchen area. The fire produced heavy damage to the kitchen and the cause was unattended cooking on the stove top. There is no damage estimate available at this time. There were no injuries reported.   The Fond du Lac Police Department assisted with traffic and scene control.  Alliant Energy was called to cut power and gas to the building.  Red Cross was called to the scene to assist the residents of the home. Firefighters will
be canvassing the surrounding area tomorrow passing out home fire safety
information to all nearby residents.

Share!
Enjoy the article so far? Recommend it to your friends and peers.

Fond du Lac Fire Dept.   920-322-3800
Copyright © 2018 http://www.fdlfire.com