Residental Electrical Fire Quickly Extinguished

For Immediate Release  Residential Electrical Fire Quickly Extinguished Fond du Lac, WI:   On March 9, 2014 at 7:40 p.m. the City of Fond du Lac Fire Department responded to a report of a house fire at 76 E. Merrill Ave 394. Upon arrival companies wet met by residents who said an electrical outlet was on fire in an upstairs bedroom.
 Firefighters were able to quickly extinguish the fire, but not before it caused damage to the area.  The residents are staying with friends overnight.   It appears the fire was caused by overloaded electrical outlet in an upstairs room. Alliant energy secured both electric and gas to the house until repairs can be made. Firefighters did  find a smoke alarm upstairs, but the battery was missing.  Firefighters will be canvassing the neighborhood  on Monday spreading fire safety
information to nearby residents.    The FDL Police assisted with traffic and scene control.
 

Share!
Enjoy the article so far? Recommend it to your friends and peers.

Fond du Lac Fire Dept.   920-322-3800
Copyright © 2018 http://www.fdlfire.com