Recalled Dehumidifier Causes Fire In Home

Contact:                Troy Haase

                             Division Chief of Fire Prevention

                             (920) 322-3807

                             (920) 539-8994

                             thaase@fdl.wi.gov

June 9, 2016

Recalled Dehumidifier Causes Fire in Home

FOND DU LAC, WI – On Thursday, June 9, 2016 at 8:29 a.m. Fond du Lac Fire/Rescue responded to a report a fire alarm at 718 Mustang Lane.  Fire crews arrived on scene to find smoke in the basement of the home.  The fire was extinguished by the occupant prior to arrival and was contained to the dehumidifier.  After research the unit was found to be on the recall list. 

“The quick thinking of the resident helped to minimize any further damage, “said fire chief Peter O’Leary.  “It is critical that residents check their dehumidifiers to ensure they are not on a recall list.  A simple google search, www.cpsc.gov for more information.”

Share!
Enjoy the article so far? Recommend it to your friends and peers.

Fond du Lac Fire Dept.   920-322-3800
Copyright © 2018 http://www.fdlfire.com