Improperty Discarded Smoking Materials Cause Small Apartment Fire

On January 1, 2015, at 1:35 p.m. the Fond du Lac Fire Department responded to 82 N. Berger Parkway for a reported apartment building fire.  On arrival fire crews found a small fire burning outside a first floor unit.  The fire burned through the
outer wall and began to burn part of the interior structure in the basement. 
The fire was quickly extinguished and the building was ventilated.   Building smoke alarms activated and alerted residents who all escaped without injury.  No residents were displaced.  The cause of the fire appears to have been from improperly discarded smoking materials. “It’s really imperative that smokers extinguish cigarettes completely in a manner which will eliminate the possibility of them causing a fire” said, Fire Chief Peter O’Leary.  “Today’s fire could have had a much different outcome if not for the quick notification to the fire department.” The Fond du Lac Police assisted with traffic control. 

Share!
Enjoy the article so far? Recommend it to your friends and peers.

Fond du Lac Fire Dept.   920-322-3800
Copyright © 2018 http://www.fdlfire.com