House Fire Caused by Carless Use of Smoking Materials

Fond du Lac, WI:  On September 7, 2014 at 2:47 p.m. the City of Fond du Lac Fire Department were called for the report of a house fire at 124 South Military Road. Upon arrival fire department personnel encountered fire conditions on the second floor exterior of the 2-story wood frame residence.  Fire crews were able to quickly extinguish the fire before it spread into the interior of the structure. The occupants were able to safely exit the home without injury.  There were no working smoke
detectors found in the home.The fire was unintentional and caused by careless use of smoking materials.  The FDL Police assisted the fire investigation and also with traffic and scene control.  Alliant was called to the scene to secure the utilities.

Enjoy the article so far? Recommend it to your friends and peers.

Fond du Lac Fire Dept.   920-322-3800
Copyright © 2018