Grease Fire In Kitchen Ignites House

House Fire Displaces Residents

Contact: Chief Peter O’Leary
Fond du Lac Fire Department
(920) 322-3802
(920) 251-9806
Jan. 8, 2011

First arriving fire crews were met with heavy fire conditions on the first floor. The fire extended up the walls and throughout the structure. The home sustained extensive structural and smoke damage. Fire crews stayed on the scene overnight continuing to extinguish hot spots in void spaces.

"We are thankful the residents were able to exit the home without serious injuries," said Fire Chief Peter O’Leary. "The fire spread quickly which made fighting the fire difficult along with the frigid weather conditions."

Firefighters and the displaced residents were assisted at the scene by the American Red Cross. The Fond du Lac Police Department was on the scene to assist fire crews.. The fire remains under investigation. One firefighter suffered a minor injury to his knee while fighting the fire.

– Two occupants of a 1.5-story suffered minor smoke inhalation when fire broke out in the kitchen of their home located at 477 Morris Avenue. The fire was called into the Fond du Lac County 911 Center at 9:20 p.m.

Enjoy the article so far? Recommend it to your friends and peers.

Fond du Lac Fire Dept.   920-322-3800
Copyright © 2018