Grease Fire at Morningside Drive Extinguished

September 23, 2010

Grease Fire Extinguished


Fond du Lac, WI -- On Wednesday, September 22, 2010, at 11:36 p.m., the City of Fond du Lac Fire Department was dispatched to 220 Morningside Drive for a report of a fire in the kitchen. Upon arrival, crews reported a fire in a first floor of a four-unit, two story apartment building.  Fire crews were able to quickly extinguish the fire which burned the stove and extended to the wall and kitchen cabinets. Firefighters remained on the scene to clear smoke from the building.  All residents were able to exit the building without injury. 


Alliant Energy was called to the scene to restore utilities which were shut-off by firefighters as a precaution. One smoke alarm closest to the kitchen appeared to have been taken down and was not operational as required by code.  Fond du Lac fire officials urge all residents to make sure they having working smoke alarms and


Peter O'Leary,  Chief

City of Fond du Lac Fire Department

815 S. Main Street

Fond du Lac, WI 54935-5738

920-322-3802 office

Twitter:  battalion418

Follow us :

Enjoy the article so far? Recommend it to your friends and peers.

Fond du Lac Fire Dept.   920-322-3800
Copyright © 2018