Fire Started By Wood Burning Stove Damages Fond du Lac Home

Chimney Fire at 651 S. Park Av.

Contact: Chief Peter O’Leary
Fond du Lac Fire Department
(920) 322-3802
(920) 251-9806


Jan. 4, 2011


FOND DU LAC, WI – The residents of a two-story home at 651 S. Park Avenue escaped uninjured when fire broke out in an upstairs bedroom this morning. The fire was called into the Fond du Lac County 911 Center at 10:38 a.m. 


The fire was contained to the upstairs bedroom where the chimney piping for a wood-burning stove overheated and caught the bedroom wall on fire. Firefighters quickly extinguished the flames and disassembled the stove piping to minimize any further hazard. The home sustained moderate smoke damage and some structural damage to a bedroom.   


“We are thankful the residents noticed the fire quickly and immediately called 911 for help,” said Fire Chief Peter O’Leary. “The residents' quick thinking helped to minimize damage to the home and kept everyone safe.”


Firefighters were assisted at the scene by the American Red Cross and the Fond du Lac Police Department.

Share!
Enjoy the article so far? Recommend it to your friends and peers.

Fond du Lac Fire Dept.   920-322-3800
Copyright © 2018 http://www.fdlfire.com