Careless Use of Smoking Materials Causes House Fire

FOND DU LAC FIRE/RESCUE MEDIA RELEASE

 Contact:             Troy Haase

                             Division Chief of Fire Prevention

                             (920) 322-3807

                             (920) 539-8994

                             thaase@fdl.wi.gov

 June 29, 2018

 Careless Use of Smoking Materials Causes House Fire

 Fond du Lac, WI:  On June 29th, 2018, at 9:54 p.m., Fond du Lac Fire/Rescue responded to 180 E. Johnson Street for a report of a house fire. Upon arrival fire crews reported smoke and fire showing from the exterior of the house. Firefighters quickly attacked the fire and were able to contain it to the entryway before it extended into the residence.

FDL Police arrived on scene and alerted occupants of the fire allowing them to exit without injury.  They also provided traffic control and scene management.  The cause of the fire was classified as careless use of smoking materials. No injuries were reported. 

Fond du Lac Fire/Rescue crews will be canvasing the area tomorrow to educate individuals on the importance of working smoke detectors and fire safety.

Share!
Enjoy the article so far? Recommend it to your friends and peers.

Fond du Lac Fire Dept.   920-322-3800
Copyright © 2018 http://www.fdlfire.com