BBQ Grill Ignites Detached Garage

MEDIA RELEASE

September 4, 2017

For Immediate Release:

Contact: Chief Peter O'Leary

920-251-9806

BBQ Grill Ignites Detached Fond du Lac Garage

Fond du Lac, WI: On September 4, 2017 at 5:15 pm. FDLFR was dispatched to 225 Chestnut St. for a reported detached garage on fire.  Upon arrival fire crews found a detached garage in the rear of the residence heavily involved in fire.  The fire was quickly brought under control but not before it caused extensive damage to the structure. 

The fire was determined to be accidental in nature and caused by a charcoal grill being placed back in the garage before it was completely cooled. The grill was inadvertently placed close to combustible materials which caught fire.  There were no injures.  "This fire should remind us all of the proper way to store grills and the ashes"said, Fond du Lac Fire Rescue Chief Peter O'Leary. " Even though a grill or ashes may seem cool, waiting at least 72 hours before discarding ashes or storing a grill away inside the garage.

Share!
Enjoy the article so far? Recommend it to your friends and peers.

Fond du Lac Fire Dept.   920-322-3800
Copyright © 2017 http://www.fdlfire.com