Alert Resident Keeps Dryer Fire From Spreading

Alert Resident Keeps Dryer Fire from Spreading Fond du Lac, WI:  On July 10, 2014, at 12:56 PM the Fond du Lac Fire Department was dispatched to a reported dryer fire at 565 Marshall Avenue.  Upon arrival, fire crews encountered smoke in the structure.  The residents informed them that the dryer was in the basement; crews entered and extinguished the fire rapidly.  Prior to leaving the
structure the resident moved the dryer to the center of the room and tried to
extinguish, but was unsuccessful.  The fire was contained to the dryer.  Smoke detectors were sounding in the home upon arrival.  The Fond du Lac Police Department assisted with scene security, and traffic control.   The Fond du Lac Fire Department will go door to door canvassing the area tomorrow to talk to residents about having working smoke detectors. 

Share!
Enjoy the article so far? Recommend it to your friends and peers.

Fond du Lac Fire Dept.   920-322-3800
Copyright © 2018 http://www.fdlfire.com